Monday, August 17, 2009

The Goal of This Blog


I have been assisting aspiring teachers in understanding and implementing developmentally appropriate practices in the classroom for close to thirty years. When I began I was working on a Certificate in Early Childhood Education at a junior college level myself and over the years have continually expanded my academic knowledge to further develop my skills in assisting others.



I have been fortunate in the aspect of my career where I worked with children to hold positions in environments where my supervisors and colleagues shared my passion for developmentally appropriate practices. Unfortunately, not many of those I have strove to assist have had that luxury. Many have supervisors and colleagues who say developmentally appropriate practices do not work in the real world only in theory in a college classroom and on paper.



I know developmentally appropriate practices works in the classroom. I have applied it for close to thirty years working with children of all ages from infants to adolescents.



The goal of this blog is to provide support for those who are working in environments where developmentally appropriate practices are not respected or implemented. Don't give in and don't give up. Hang in there! I will be here to listen, provide suggestions and resources where I can. My hope is that other readers will listen and provide suggestions also where they can.



Remember the future is in our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment