Sunday, October 4, 2009

Intentionality In Teaching Approaches

Section Three of the NAEYC course focuses on the importance of flexibility and observation in determining the use of teaching approaches in the classroom. There is an exciting video clip of a teacher utilizing the play that children have been carrying out in the classroom to introduce the scientific concepts of levers and fulcrums to preschoolers. This clip also shows a teacher skilled at helping the children use the scientific method of coming up with a hypothesis, testing the hypothesis and determining if the hypothesis is correct.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would like to take the course so that I can view the video clips and continue to learn all that I can. I did go to the NAEYC website and found in the TYC section the free music downloads provided by Miss Jackie, she also provides some ideas for activities that go along with the songs. I also found at the website the link to the Technical Assistance Center on social emotional intervention.
    Thank you Dr. Moe for putting all of this together for us and thank you for your support. The information that you provided to me regarding nap time was most helpful and helped me to see that I had a valid point, I saw the situation as you did and it just felt good to know that someone else thought the same.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete